Checklist for assessing personal accountability:
- Do your staff feel like they have a positive role in the management of the organization?
- Are things that need to be done identified and resolved on the spot?
- Is your staff given the appropriate, individualized level of responsibility and support?
- Does a climate of mutual support and teamwork exist?
- Is there clarity and focus on the organization’s goals?
- Do people focus on team outcomes rather than individual contribution (assuming you need a team focus)?
What will you gain as a result of an environment with enhanced accountability?
- High morale
- Greater productivity
- Staff maturity
- Excellent retention
- Easy access to new staff
Read Lab Manager Magazine's Full Article: Personal Accountability