Original Broadcast Date: Thursday September 20, 2012
Lab professionals need to ask several important questions before making a decision on whether or not to automate processes in their laboratory. Some of these are:
- How will automating fit into the workflow of the lab today and in the future?
- What level of automation is possible for the laboratory's processes?
- What level of automation is right for the laboratory?
- How can one make sure that it’s done right?
- How will introducing an automated system affect lab personnel and productivity?
- What are the current liquid handling methods including those for NGS sample prep automation?
In order to get answers to these questions, lab professionals need to understand the demands of their applications and processes, the types of automated instruments that are available, their strengths and weaknesses, the level of workflow automation that is needed and what can be realistically achieved.
Lab Manager Magazine’s webinar on Innovations in Automated Liquid Handling discusses these questions with technical experts in the field in a format that is interactive, informal and informative. Join this free webinar to hear experts provide guidance on various options for automated liquid handling and how they can be integrated into your workflow for tackling specific samples or applications. Feel free to share your experiences, voice your concerns and learn from perspectives shared by our experts in real-time.
Companies participating in the webinar:
- BioTek Instruments
- Agilent Technologies
- Labcyte Inc.