Food professionals from all over the globe will be gathering together in Las Vegas for the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) 2012 Annual Meeting & Food Expo. This is the only annual event that brings together professionals involved in both the science and the business of food-experts from industry, academia and government.
CHICAGO—Food professionals from all over the globe will be gathering together in Las Vegas for the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) 2012 Annual Meeting & Food Expo. This is the only annual event that brings together professionals involved in both the science and the business of food — experts from industry, academia and government. With more than 900 companies exhibiting, this event showcases the largest, most diverse collection of food ingredient, equipment, and packaging suppliers from all over the world. Over 100 educational sessions and 1,000+ poster sessions provide information on the latest developments and trends in food science. IFT’s Annual Meeting and Food Expo was named in the Top 250 by the Trade Show News Network, as well as being awarded Trade Show Executive’s Gold 100 Ranking of the Largest Shows of 2011.
View the video to see why people are going to the IFT Annual Meeting & Food Expo.
When & Where:
June 25-28, 2012
Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, Nevada
Keynote Session: “The Importance of Innovation,” will feature Starbucks President, CEO and Chairman Howard Schultz, who was named Fortune magazine’s 2011 “Businessperson of the Year.” He will share insights on the importance of scientific innovation in creating thriving companies and communities, and filling the talent pipeline.
- Childhood Obesity Solutions: What Industry Can Do
- Food Science, Nutrition, and the Skin
- Functional Foods of Latin America: Flavor, Health Benefits, and Opportunities for Commercialization
- Specialized Nutrition: Opportunities in Medical Foods and Beyond for Aging, Developing, and Other Specialized Populations
- The Future of GRAS Ingredients and Food Additives: Impacts of the Changing Environment on Food Science
- Breakfast in the 21st Century
- Improving the Safety of Fresh Produce
Additional sessions presented from the following areas:
- Food Safety & Defense
- Food Processing & Packaging
- Product Development & Ingredient Innovations
- Public Policy, Food Laws & Regulations
- Education and Professional Development
- Sensory Science
- Food, Health & Nutrition
- Food Chemistry
- Food Microbiology
- Food Engineering
In addition, real time information and updates can be found on IFT Live, the official news source of the 2012 IFT Annual Meeting & Food Expo. The Food Technology magazine editorial team covers everything from the scientific sessions, new products on the Expo floor, press conferences, and more before, during and after the show. In addition, check out IFT Live for videos and photos from the show!
- Follow the IFT Annual Meeting & Food Expo on ift.org/IFT12, Twitter @IFT, hashtag #IFT12 and Facebook.
- Follow the Institute of Food Technologists on Twitter @IFT, Facebook, and LinkedIn.