Pittcon is pleased to announce the recipients of ten prestigious awards recognizing the significant contributions of leaders in the fields of Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy. The awards will be presented at Pittcon 2010, February 28 to March 5, 2010. Each award is presented during a symposium honoring the recipient and his/her achievements. The awardees represent diverse scientific disciplines including bioanalytical science, biomedical, chromatography, electrochemistry, mass spectrometry, nanotechnology, separations science, and vibrational spectroscopy.
Pittcon Recognizes Scientists from Academia and Industry
| November 12, 2009
The 2010 Pittcon Heritage Award will be presented to Professor Walter Jennings, Professor Emeritus, University of California, Davis, and Cofounder of J&W Scientific. The award will be presented during the Opening Session, which begins at 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, February 28, 2010.
The other nine awards and recipients are as follows:
• Analytical Chemistry Award for Young Investigators in Separation Science - Christy L. Haynes Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, University of Minnesota
• Bomem-Michelson Award - Professor Richard P. Van Duyne, Charles E. and Emma H. Morrison Professor of Chemistry at Northwestern University
• Charles N. Reilley Award - Richard M. Crooks, Robert A. Welch Chair in Materials Chemistry, The University of Texas at Austin
• Chromatography Forum of Delaware Valley Dal Nogare Award - Lane C. Sander, Leader of the Organic Chemical Metrology Group within the Analytical Chemistry Division, NIST
• Pittsburgh Analytical Chemistry Award - Lloyd M. Smith, W.L.Hubbell Professor of Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Wisconsin
• The Pittsburgh Conference Achievement Award - Joshua J. Coon, Assistant Professor of Chemistry and Biomolecular Chemistry, University of Wisconsin-Madison
• Pittsburgh Spectroscopy Award - Robin M. Hochstrasser, University of Pennsylvania
• The Ralph N. Adams Award - Catherine Fenselau, Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Maryland
• Williams-Wright Award - Patrick J. Treado, Founder and Chief Technology Officer, ChemImage Corporation
A complete listing and description for all award symposia can be found at www.pittcon.org.