Labconco Purifier® Logic® Class II Biosafety Cabinets
Purifier® Logic® Class II Biosafety Cabinets have a built-in electronically commutated motor, or ECM, which acts as the brain of the cabinet. It is programmed to precisely control the cabinet’s airflow. The sensorless system uses a patent-pending technology called Constant Airflow Profile (CAP). CAP increases accuracy and reliability.
- Elimination of periodic recalibration of airflow sensors ensures proper airflow by tenfold
- Robust design is not susceptible to temperature and humidity fluctuations
- Maintains airflow as HEPA filter loads
- ECM design is 60% more energy-efficient than other motors
NuAire CellGard HD ES NU-481 Laminar Flow Class II, Type A2
The new CellGard HD ES NU-481 Laminar Flow Class II, Type A2, Biological Safety Cabinet offers personnel, product, and environmental protection for the handling of hazardous particulate drugs and powders. It provides ISO Class 5 sterility and protection for your valuable in-process work materials.
- Incorporates NuAire’s existing technology and new DC ECM technology to give users the best value
- Requires less energy to operate, has a longer filter life and the lowest possible noise and vibration
- TouchLink™ Electronic Control System monitors and controls all cabinet functions
- Supplies an ergonomically correct environment and safety effective work zone
The Baker Company BioChemGARD e3
The Baker Company has added the BioChemGARD e3 biological safety cabinet (BSC) to its line of industryleading air-containment products. This Class II, Type B2 BSC was engineered specifically for laboratories that need containment and removal of vapors, mists and particulates. The cabinet features increased motor blower reserve, an exclusive filter exchange system and an optional fume hood package.
- Operates at only 664 CFM, minimizing noise and cutting power requirements
- Reduces the overall annual cost of operation by 49%
- Motor blower reserve is at least 420%, extending the filter life for less downtime
- Allows for faster, simpler maintenance
Thermo Scientific 1300 Series A2 Safety Cabinets
In addition to the existing four- and six-foot cabinets, the 1300 Series A2 portfolio is available in three- and five-foot widths, maximizing internal work space while minimizing the external footprint. Delivering excellent ease-of-use, the 1300 Series A2 biological safety cabinets also feature the NSF-approved SmartPort for safely routing vacuum tubing and cables.
- Available with choices of stainless steel or SmartCoat interiors
- Supply and exhaust blowers adapt in real time to provide the correct airflow parameters and maintain a safe working environment
- Digital Airflow Verification (DAVe) system also increases safety
- Brushless DC motors reduce energy consumption, heat output, and noise
Biological safety cabinets—also known as biosafety cabinets or BSCs— are extremely important in conducting experiments safely in many laboratories that deal with biohazardous material on a regular basis. These days, the main trends in BSCs are customer desires for greater energy efficiency and a lower total cost of ownership. When looking at purchasing a new or used biosafety cabinet, one of the most important things is to make sure the cabinet compensates for filter-loading. As filters load, the BSC should be able to maintain at least 90 percent of its maximum airflow in order to keep lab workers safe and reduce the number of filter changes and frequency of contamination. However, this shouldn’t be a problem in most modern biosafety cabinets as motors have improved greatly over the last few years with today’s standard motors rated at 50,000 hours and higher—some motors last as many as 100,000 hours. Service requirements, energy consumption, and NSF certification are other important factors buyers should look at when purchasing a BSC and they should always ask plenty of questions to get all the information they need from their vendor.
- Infectious agents/ organisms research
- Cell culture
- Research involving laboratory animals
- Biochemistry and biology
- Hospital/medical center
- Pharmaceutical industry
Like this article? Click here to subscribe to free newsletters from Lab Manager