Eppendorf Rolling Cabinet for 5804/5804 R and 5810/5810 R Centrifuges™
Any Eppendorf Centrifuge 5804/5804 R or 5810/5810 R can be set up on the new rolling cabinet and stored under most lab benches when not in use, or moved easily to another laboratory if required. The rolling cabinet is constructed of powder-coated steel for strength and high chemical resistance.
- Two lockable castors and sturdy build ensures safe centrifugation
- Includes a large drawer with slip-resistant lining to store rotors and other accessories
- Enables more efficient use of available space in the lab
- 5804/5804 R and 5810/5810 R centrifuges offer excellent versatility, high capacity, high speed and a wide choice of rotors
Centurion K3 Series
The K3 Series is Centurion’s flagship line of centrifuges with up to 1 liter capacity, 15,000 rpm, 22,000 G, and a two-year warranty. These centrifuges are built to last, featuring high quality internal components and durable construction and include both ambient and refrigerated models. Centurion’s K3 Series is distributed in North America by Core Life Sciences, Inc.
- Provide excellent precision—accuracy and precision to ±10 rpm
- Include a great combination of safety features
- Feature low noise, cool operating temperature, and energy efficiency
- Supply excellent versatility, large rotor selection
- Also include touchscreen LCD control
Hettich Instruments Cell Culture Value Package
Hettich recently announced the launch of its Cell Culture Value Package. The Cell Culture Value Package provides laboratories a robust, economical centrifuge package for spinning 15 mL and 50 mL conical tubes. The package features the ROTOFIX 32A benchtop centrifuge—an allsteel- constructed centrifuge that is quiet, reliable and safe.
- Boasts a five-year total warranty and is guaranteed to ship in 24 hours
- Centrifuge features a wide variety of swing-out and fixed angle rotors
- A wide range of other accessories is also available
- Exchangeable rotors also offered
- ROTOFIX 32A has dimensions of 257 x 366 x 430 mm (10” x 14.5” x 17”)
Beckman Coulter Optima X Series Ultracentrifuges
Optima X Series preparative ultracentrifuges from Beckman Coulter Life Sciences incorporate an array of contemporary technical features to enhance the user experience, increase productivity and reduce costs. These centrifuges are available in two models—the XE, which delivers all of the basic features required to quickly set up and complete a run, and the more advanced XPN.
- Large touchscreen display offers a selection of nine languages
- Feature clean, intuitive design and on-screen help
- Reach a maximum speed of 100,000 rpm and generate forces up to 802,000 x g
- New Optima XPN iOS app (for XPN models only) allows remote monitoring and control of up to 16 instruments; can be used on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch devices
An essential piece of basic laboratory equipment, the centrifuge applies thousands of gravitational force equivalents to a sample while spinning in order to separate structures and particles suspended in a liquid. Centrifuges are used for many applications in the lab, such as for performing density measurements, isolating suspended particles, separating liquids, and to clarify suspensions. A key consideration when you are looking at buying a centrifuge is the relative centrifugal force (RCF)— a function of rotor radius and the square of the instrument’s rotational speed. Centrifuges which have the same RCF will supply the user with comparable resolving power and RCF is also important to know if you are transferring methods between centrifuges. Centrifuges fall into two general categories: Less costly instruments that feature basic capacity and speed, and “eco-friendly,” ergonomic instruments. When deciding between these two types, you should consider the accessibility of the instrument and noise. Depending on the size and setup of your lab, certain centrifuges may not work if there is not enough room, and you also don’t want an extremely loud centrifuge right next to where staff work. Discussing your needs with your vendor will help you determine the best centrifuge for your lab.