The question of limited access or general access to laboratory goods and services applies to a range of instruments, utilities, and competencies. These questions take on added significance for midsized or larger labs.
Whether to employ central washing stations or point-of-use washers located under a lab bench or in a corner is also something that has to be addressed with regards to laboratory glassware washers. The former provide an economy of scale and are popular with lab workers who, almost universally, hate to “wash the dishes.”
The downside for central washing stations is that glassware tends to disappear over time, due to breakage and operator error.
Top 6 Questions You Should Ask When Buying a Lab Washer
1. How is the product manufactured? Ask about the quality of the materials used and the product life expectation based on manufacturing testing. Also find out about the product’s warranty.
2. What differentiates the lab washer from others offered in terms of performance?
3. Does the company offer application support and technical phone support before and after product installation?
4. How sustainable is the product? Ask the company to provide details on energy and water consumption as well as the recycle ability of the product.
5. If the product is discontinued, for how many years does the company provide accessories and parts for the washer?
6. Finally, ask about the cost of the purchase—not just the price of the product being installed but the total cost of ownership, which includes price, service expectations, warranty, etc.
The main purposes our readers use their lab washers for:
|Clinical and diagnostic||7%|
Reasons our readers had for purchasing a new lab glassware washer:
|Replacement of current systems||35%|
|Setting up a new lab||25%|
|Addition to existing systems, increase capacity||16%|
|First-time purchase of a lab washer||16%|
Top factors/features in our readers’ choice to buy a lab washer:
Recently Released Lab Washers
PG 8535 and PG 8536
FlaskScrubber® 33 and SteamScrubber® 33
Reliance 100 Series
Lab Washer Manufacturers