Labconco CentriVap® Complete Vacuum Concentrators
The new all-in-one CentriVap Complete houses every component needed to begin processing multiple samples used in molecular biology, proteomics, genomics, cell biology, microbiology, biochemistry, drug discovery and analytical chemistry. The concentrator uses a combination of centrifugal force, vacuum and heat to speed evaporation.
• Includes concentrator and a -50° C cold trap to help protect the vacuum pump from corrosiveeffects of vapors and fumes
• Features an aluminum rotor that holds up to 40 microcentrifuge tubes and 108 each 12-13 mm tubes
• Also comes with built-in chemical resistant diaphragm pump and the CentriZap™ Strobe Light
Genevac SampleGuard™ temperature control technology
Proprietary SampleGuard™ temperature control technology on Genevac HT Series II Evaporators enables them to automatically detect when samples are dry and then shut down—safeguarding valuable samples from potential thermal degradation. Combined with Genevac’s continuous running condensers, SampleGuard™ allows easy unattended operation offering the possibility of significant increases in productivity through use of overnight evaporation runs.
• Provides real time feedback enabling unmatched accuracy in controlling of actual sample temperatures
• SampleGuard™ probes can measure temperature at any point in the sample holder
• Comprises two thermocouples and a unique sample temperature radio transmitter
• Either one or two probes can be used to accurately and reliably determine end of run
Modular SFC Centrifan PE Evaporator/Condenser
Increase the evaporation capacity of your lab by moving the time-consuming and tedious 20mL vial drying jobs off the rotovaps. A great companion for rotovaps, the Centrifan PE dries six 20 mL vials at once, off-loading this finishing step from your rotovap resource. The instrument is also a useful companion for purification chemists using Flash LC equipment.
• Uses no vacuum and no blow-down gas to evaporate solvents
• Now has an optional coiled tubing insert available to implement a flowing coolant arrangement from hood plumbing or a lab circulator
• Modular SFC now provides the Polyscience IP-60 Immersion Cooler to implement unattended chilling of the Centrifan’s cold trap
EYELA N-1200 Series Evaporator
The EYELA N-1200 rotary evaporator is designed to minimize solvent retention while the condenser is being inclined. The structure has been developed to prevent the reverse flow so the condensed solution will not drop onto the capillary feed tube and can trap the solvent vapor more efficiently.
• Effortless manual lift jack and motorized jack types offered; three types of baths available
• Designed to minimize solvent retention while the condenser is being inclined
• Equipped with newly-developed Teflon® vacuum seal
• Includes a hose holder to bundle hoses and keep lab table neat
• Features speed rotation range of 5 to 280 rpm
Evaporators and evaporation systems are a key part of the sample prep process in many laboratories and industries. In particular, rotary evaporators have been crucial in materials, forensics, life science, environmental, and chemical industries for decades. In industry, evaporators are employed to improve the storage life of a product or to reduce its volume, as well as to remove water before drying. Rotary evaporators are made up of a vacuum source, collection flask, condenser, rotating flask, and a temperature bath. Dry evaporators, on the other hand, use a dry heat block instead of a bath to evaporate samples quickly under a gentle stream of nitrogen. Concentrators, as their name suggests, are used to concentrate samples and are particularly important in the water treatment and food and beverage industries. If you need to purchase an evaporator or evaporation system for your lab, it’s important to know what type and size of samples you will be dealing with most often, how delicate those samples are, and how much space you have in your lab for the instrument. This information will help your vendor ensure that you pick the system best suited to your applications.
• Food and beverage
• Concentration of substances
• Distillation of substances
• Water treatment/environmental
• Materials, forensics, life science, chemical
• Drug discovery