Top 4 Things You May Not Know About Lab Informatics Systems
1. Labs gained the first opportunity to use automated reporting tools when the first generation of LIMS was introduced in 1982.
2. Second-generation commercial LIMS released in 1988 expanded LIMS into more application-specific fields and the third generation in 1990 used the emerging client/server architecture to give labs better exchanges and data processing.
3. LIMS went global in 1996 as web-enabled versions hit the market, letting scientists manage their operations beyond their labs.
4. The first generation of ELNs came out in the late 1990s and was designed for basic data capture. A second generation offered specific domain functionality such as searchable reaction databases, automated stoichiometry calculations and reaction planning for chemists, and the third generation of ELNs expanded this chemistry functionality and provided generic capabilities that extended ELNs’ reach to other disciplines, including biology.
For the Top 7 Questions That You Should Ask When Buying a Chromatography Data System, click here.
For the Top 6 Questions That You Should Ask When Buying an ELN, click here.
For the Top 5 Questions That You Should Ask When Buying a LIMS, click here.
Recently Released Informatics Software
Titan Lab Automation & Business Management Platform
- Configurable, C# (.NET) based solution is adaptable and capable of meeting organizations’ specific needs
- Especially suited for organizations comprised of various departments that perform routine testing, or varying and sophisticated workflows
- Leverages workflows to allow users to manage laboratory tasks, track samples, change sample states, trigger alerts, and query any data in the system for presentation in dashboards and reports
Accelerated Technology Laboratories
NuGenesis Lab Management System
- Enables deeper insight into scientific challenges, accelerated decision-making, better business results, and compliance with government regulations
- Allows users to set up and run specific point solutions independently, allowing them to achieve productivity gains shortly after the project begins
- Features NuGenesis SampleShare, NuGenesis Stability, NuGenesis Connectors, and Paradigm™ Scientific Search
Elements Academic Research Platform
- Provides a cost-efficient solution for safe, secure record-keeping that eliminates the need for investment in digital infrastructure
- Delivers an application framework for deep scientific support through modular apps that can be combined into sophisticated scientific experiments
- Being 100-percent cloud-based also allows users to be up and running in minutes without the need for lengthy deployment and installation steps
E-WorkBook 9.4 ELN
- Single platform solution delivers a flexible suite of applications for data and sample management, analysis, reporting and IP retention
- Speeds up data capture and improves compliance by using template libraries that provide workflow control
- Reduces change management costs by supporting existing documents and templates
- Pushes content in real time to configurable dashboards