6 Questions to Ask When Buying an Automated Liquid Handling System
- What is the system’s volume range, and how many different sample vessel types can be used?
- If you are interested in a manual system, can automation be added to it down the road?
- What kinds of dispensing technology does the system use?
- Can the liquid handler accommodate plastic bead-based or magnetic assays?
- What is the flow rate spectrum?
- Is the system’s software easy to use? Does it allow for both custom and pre-programmed protocols?
What Kind of Automated Liquid Handling System Is In Your Lab?
|Individual Benchtop Workstations||54%|
|Self-Contained Multi-instrument Workstations||28%|
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing An Automated Liquid Handler
|Accuracy and precision for a wide range of compatible fluids||81%|
|Safe sample handling--No cross-contamination||80%|
|Maintenance/service/availability of accessories and replacement parts||62%|
|Pipetting flexibility--pipette with 384, 96, 24, 16, 12, or 8 tips||41%|
|Maximum operator safety||37%|
|Ability to expand on instrument as requirements change||29%|
Looking for a New Liquid Handler?
Lab Manager’s Automated Liquid Handling Product Finder utilizes a query-based system to quickly narrow the field of available automated liquid handlers to those that specifically meet the requirements demanded by your application
Like this article? Click here to subscribe to free newsletters from Lab Manager