10 Questions to Ask When Buying a Bath or Chiller
- Does the product have any exclusive features? What sets it apart from other vendors’ chillers or baths?
- Is it important for your lab that the vendor have ISO 9001 certification?
- What is the warranty period? What does it cover?
- Who do I contact for post-sale support?
- Is service provided by the manufacturer or a third-party provider?
- Are service plans available? If so, is there an on-site option?
- Where are the products manufactured?
- Does the unit have the appropriate cooling or heating capacity for the application? Is there enough reserve capacity to account for environmental cooling or heating losses?
- Does the manufacturer offer the necessary accessories for the application? (Tubing, fluid, adapters, electronic interfaces, etc.)
- Does the manufacturer understand the application and provide a thorough explanation of calculations to recommend the proper instrument?
What's Your Operating Temperature?
|Less than -100°C||2%|
|-50°C to -100°C||2%|
|0°C to -50°C||14%|
|0°C to 50°C||50%|
|50°C to 100°C||30%|
|More than 100°C||2%|
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing A New Bath or Chiller
|Performance of Product||98%|
|Low Maintenance/Easy to Clean||95%|
|Greater Temperature Uniformity, Stability, and Control||93%|
|Value for Price Paid||92%|
|Low Operating Costs||85%|
|Total Cost of Ownership||80%|
|Ease of Use; Ergonomic Operation||79%|
|Digital Temperature Control||78%|
|Size of Water Bath||76%|
Looking for a New Bath or Chiller?
Lab Manager’s Bath & Chiller Product Finder utilizes a query-based system to quickly narrow the field of available bath and chillers to those that specifically meet the requirements demanded by your application.
Like this article? Click here to subscribe to free newsletters from Lab Manager