6 Questions to Ask When Buying Chromatography Columns
- What are your analyte(s), matrix, separation goals, and instrumentation?
- What benefits does this column offer over your current column? Performance? Lifetime? Reproducibility?
- How should you clean/prepare your sample prior to injection on the column? 4 How do you look after the column? Conditioning, cleaning, storage, etc.
- What type of chromatographic media (fully porous, monolithic, core-shell) is going to provide the most benefit for your separation?
- Do you need a unique selectivity (HILIC, polar-end capped, etc.) to separate any very polar and/or non-polar components in your mixture?
- What column dimension is going to be most suitable for your loading requirement?
What's Your HPLC Column Usage?
|0-1 per month||50%|
|2-5 per month||30%|
|6-10 per month||5%|
|10-50 per month||9%|
|50+ per month||4%|
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing HPLC Columns
|Technical Performance of HPLC Columns (e.g. Peak Shape)||93%|
|Ruggedness/Durability of HPLC Columns||90%|
|Lot-to-Lot Reproducibility of HPLC Columns||83%|
|Initial Purchase Price of Column||70%|
|Reputation of Column Manufacturer||70%|
|Column Discount Program||61%|
|Breadth of HPLC Column Offering (Selectivity)||58%|
|Method Validation/Compliance Support||57%|
|Specials and Promotions||55%|