6 Questions to Ask When Buying Cold Storage Equipment
- What kind of safety measures does the freezer have to protect your samples? (Alarms, monitoring, logging, etc.).
- What number of failures has the product experienced over the last five years? Ask the company to provide details.
- How much space is required between and around freezers? Can the walls of the freezer be positioned against the lab walls or each other, and how much sample capacity are you getting for the actual space?
- Can the freezer be monitored or can you get alarms on your phone?
- How many compartments or shelves does the ULT or other cold storage unit have?
- How long does the freezer take to recover from a two-minute door opening?
What Cold Storage Equipment Is In Your Lab?
|Upright General-Purpose Lab Freezers||73%|
|Upright Ultra-Low Temperature Freezers||56%|
|Low Temperature Upright Lab Freezers||45%|
|Under-Counter General Purpose Lab Freezers||36%|
|Low Temperature Chest Lab Freezers||19%|
|Flammable Materials Storage||16%|
|Chest Ultra-Low Temperature Freezers||16%|
|Blood Bank and Plasma||15%|
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing Cold Storage Equipment
|Durability of product||84%|
|Reliability of product||83%|
|Sensitivity and accuracy of temperature controls||63%|
|Reputation of vendor||48%|
|Service and support||47%|
|Audible and visual hi/lo alarm for each controller||40%|
Looking for a New Lab Freezer?
Lab Manager’s Laboratory Freezer Product Finder utilizes a query-based system to quickly narrow the field of available lab freezers to those that specifically meet the requirements demanded by your application.