9 Questions to Ask When Buying an HPLC/UHPLC System
- How flexible is the system? Does the system have to run new methods only or must legacy methods be accommodated?
- What challenges do you have today that would be good to eliminate?
- What types of analyses need to be accommodated?
- What are the robustness requirements?
- What tubes, vessels, and vials can the system accommodate?
- Can components (such as additional detectors, valves, multi-solvent selector valves, additional column selection, extended sample capacity etc.) be added in the future?
- Does the system have to work with existing software? If the software is new, is it easy to use? Does it support your workflow?
- Who will deliver training on the new system and who should receive it?
- Finally, what are the costs of the purchase, installation charges, and warranty extension costs? What is the estimated return on investment?
Which Type of HPLC Is In Your Lab?
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing An HPLC System
|Quality of data||89%|
|Precise and accurate flow rates||72%|
|Ease of use||64%|
|Availiability of supplies and accessories||62%|
|Service and support||56%|