5 Questions to Ask When Buying a Lab Oven
- What kind of floor space does your lab have and what size of samples are you working with on a regular basis? Make sure the lab oven is a match.
- What accuracy and uniformity does the product provide? Will the sample be damaged or will the experiment only function in one “sweet spot”?
- What temperature range do you require? Does the product have reserve temperature capacity?
- Does the manufacturer have the accessories and modification options that you need for your current and future applications?
- Do you need any computer interfaces, alarms, or safety devices on the oven?
Which Oven is in Your Lab?
|General Purpose Oven||72%|
|Mechanical Convection Oven||33%|
|Gravity Convection Oven||15%|
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing a Lab Oven
|Ease of use||75%|
|Low maintenance/operating costs||74%|
|Temperature ranges ambient +40°C to 200°C / 250°C||52%|
|Service and support||45%|
|Controlled airflow to provide uniform temperature||41%|
|Ease of installation||40%|
|Smallest footprint possible with a large interior||33%|
Looking for a New Lab Oven?
Lab Manager’s Lab Oven Product Finder utilizes a query-based system to quickly narrow the field of available lab ovens to those that specifically meet the requirements demanded by your application.