5 Questions to Ask When Buying a Lab Oven
- What kind of floor space does your lab have and what size of samples are you working with on a regular basis? Make sure the lab oven is a match.
- What accuracy and uniformity does the product provide? Will the sample be damaged or will the experiment only function in one “sweet spot”?
- What temperature range do you require? Does the product have reserve temperature capacity?
- Does the manufacturer have the accessories and modification options that you need for your current and future applications?
- Do you need any computer interfaces, alarms, or safety devices on the oven?
Which Oven is in Your Lab?
|General Purpose Oven||72%|
|Mechanical Convection Oven||33%|
|Gravity Convection Oven||15%|
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing a Lab Oven
|Ease of use||75%|
|Low maintenance/operating costs||74%|
|Temperature ranges ambient +40°C to 200°C / 250°C||52%|
|Service and support||45%|
|Controlled airflow to provide uniform temperature||41%|
|Ease of installation||40%|
|Smallest footprint possible with a large interior||33%|
Looking for a New Lab Oven?
Lab Manager’s Lab Oven Product Finder utilizes a query-based system to quickly narrow the field of available lab ovens to those that specifically meet the requirements demanded by your application.
Like this article? Click here to subscribe to free newsletters from Lab Manager