5 Questions to Ask When Buying Laboratory Seating
- What kind of laboratory are you outfitting? This question helps to categorize seating in terms of componentry, finishes, and special options such as the need for bleachable or antimicrobial upholstery, easy-wipe-down configurations versus higher rated clean room and/or electrostatic performance packages, etc.
- Specifically, what tasks are performed by researchers and technicians? Considerations may include if work performed is precise and up-close, such as microscopy; if workers frequently move from station to station; and, the surface height at which tasks are conducted—bench height, desk top, or somewhere in between.
- Does the laboratory operate on a single or multiple shifts? Seating durability can vary greatly depending on the brand or model selected. Regardless of the choice, it will impact the bottom line.
- Are custom applications a consideration? Workers with special needs or unique tasks can require a one-off solution.
- Are specific code requirements mandated? Ensure your seating choice meets fire and safety codes.
What Seating Is In Your Lab?
|High Ring Chairs||60%|
|Desk Height Chairs||73%|
5 Questions to Ask When Buying Laboratory Flooring
- Does the floor have the ability to recover from chemical surface effects, such as discoloration?
- Can the floor positively impact the comfort and safety of lab personnel who spend long periods of time on their feet?
- Does the detail of the floor’s specifications ensure a sanitary integral flash cove and corner installation result?
- What is the cleaning protocol for the floor, and if you follow it, what is the aesthetic expectation for the floor ten years after it is installed?
- How has the floor performed in this market, considering all the unique requirements of a laboratory setting?
What Flooring Is In Your Lab?
|Flooring Designed for General Applications||80%|
|Static Dissipative Flooring||4%|
|Acoustic Flooring With Sound Absorption||2%|
|Fire Protective Flooring||2%|
|Floor Coverings Designed for Extreme Wear||19%|
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing Lab Furnishings
|Easy to clean/maintain||72%|
|Accomodates electronics easily||39%|
|Ease of installation||33%|
|Wide range of accessories||15%|