6 Questions to Ask When Buying a Mass Spectrometer
- What factors come into play when determining the MS specifications you require in terms of throughput, sensitivity, robustness, software control, ease of use, and ease of maintenance?
- What differentiates the vendor’s MS from others offered, in terms of performance, ease of operation, and the ability to upgrade to meet future or changing application requirements?
- How do you validate the specification claims presented by the vendor?
- Has the data processing software been designed for enhanced analytics, with lab workflow in mind and does it support critical compliance requirements?
- What are important price points to keep in mind when selecting an MS?
- What does the company offer in your area in terms of effective distribution of spare parts, instruments, service personnel, technical support, and education/training?
What Is Your Field of Study as an MS User?
|Food Safety and Testing Analysis||14%|
|Biomarker and Omics Research||6%|
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing a Mass Spectrometer
|Ease of maintenance||90%|
|Higher quality of data||85%|
|High mass accuracy||84%|
|High mass resolution||83%|
|Data output, storage, and retrival||81%|
|Availability of techniques||76%|