14 Questions to Ask When Buying Microplate Technology
- How many plates and plate types can the handler accommodate?
- What is the transfer speed?
- Can the handler operate in portrait and landscape configurations?
- Does the handler fit into a hood or biosafety cabinet?
- Is the handler compatible with a wide variety of other instruments?
- Does it come with a barcode reader for easy microplate identification?
- How many read modes are offered?
- What kind of detection technology is used?
- Is it upgradeable? If so, can the upgrade be installed on-site, or must it be shipped back to the factory?
- Is the reader automatable?
- Is the software integrated and user-friendly? Does it allow for pre-programmed and custom protocols? What kind of analysis is offered? How is data exported?
- Is on-site training available? Is there a fee?
- What options are available? How many of those do you actually need?
- What assay validation data is available for the reader?
Which Microplate Reader Do You Use?
|Time-Resolved Fluorescence (TRF)||10%|
|Time-Resolved Fluorescence Energy Transfer (TF-FRET)||3%|
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing a Microplate Reader
|Ease of use||82%|
|Product performance for intended application||78%|
|Low maintenance/operating costs||65%|
|Software for data collection/analysis||60%|
|Flexibility (available detection modes)||59%|
|Service and support||58%|
Looking for a New Microplate Reader?
Lab Manager’s Microplate Reader Product Finder utilizes a querybased system to quickly narrow the field of available microplate readers to those that specifically meet the requirements demanded by your application.
Like this article? Click here to subscribe to free newsletters from Lab Manager