14 Questions to Ask When Buying Microplate Technology
- How many plates and plate types can the handler accommodate?
- What is the transfer speed?
- Can the handler operate in portrait and landscape configurations?
- Does the handler fit into a hood or biosafety cabinet?
- Is the handler compatible with a wide variety of other instruments?
- Does it come with a barcode reader for easy microplate identification?
- How many read modes are offered?
- What kind of detection technology is used?
- Is it upgradeable? If so, can the upgrade be installed on-site, or must it be shipped back to the factory?
- Is the reader automatable?
- Is the software integrated and user-friendly? Does it allow for pre-programmed and custom protocols? What kind of analysis is offered? How is data exported?
- Is on-site training available? Is there a fee?
- What options are available? How many of those do you actually need?
- What assay validation data is available for the reader?
Which Microplate Reader Do You Use?
|Time-Resolved Fluorescence (TRF)||10%|
|Time-Resolved Fluorescence Energy Transfer (TF-FRET)||3%|
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing a Microplate Reader
|Ease of use||82%|
|Product performance for intended application||78%|
|Low maintenance/operating costs||65%|
|Software for data collection/analysis||60%|
|Flexibility (available detection modes)||59%|
|Service and support||58%|
Looking for a New Microplate Reader?
Lab Manager’s Microplate Reader Product Finder utilizes a querybased system to quickly narrow the field of available microplate readers to those that specifically meet the requirements demanded by your application.