10 Questions to Ask When Buying Pre-Owned Laboratory Equipment
- Why is the current owner selling the equipment?
- Is it in working condition?
- Has the equipment been tested? If so, how?
- How old is the equipment? What is the serial number?
- Does the seller have any maintenance history or service records for it?
- What was the instrument used for previously?
- Which type of product/sample was run through it?
- Where is the equipment currently located?
- How many owners has the instrument had?
- Is there a warranty? If it is still under the OEM’s warranty, does it carry over?
How Many Pieces of Pre-Owned Equipment Are In Your Lab?
|5 or more||42%|
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing Pre-Owned Lab Equipment
|Age of equipment||57%|
|Reputation of seller||42%|
|Service and installation options||35%|
|Leasing and payment options||16%|
Like this article? Click here to subscribe to free newsletters from Lab Manager