9 Questions to Ask When Purchasing a Shaker or Rocker
- What type of motion does the instrument make? (Rocking, waving, small orbits, large orbits, reciprocating etc.).
- Does the shaker or rocker have a timer and does the timer automatically shut the unit off when it counts down?
- Is the angle adjustable?
- What is the RPM accuracy?
- What is the RPM range and what increments can it be controlled in?
- What is the capacity of the unit (both for total weight and volume)?
- What accessories are available?
- What are the temperature and humidity operating conditions for the unit?
- What programming functions, if any, does the unit have?
How Does Your Lab Shake it Up?
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing a Laboratory Shaker
|Low maintenance/easy to clean||53%|
|Simple operation–easy to program and monitor||41%|
|Electronic speed controls||24%|
Looking for a New Shaker?
Lab Manager’s Shaker Product Finder utilizes a query-based system to quickly narrow the field of available shakers to those that specifically meet the requirements demanded by your application.