10 Questions to Ask When Buying a Stirrer or Mixer
- What applications are you using the stirrer or mixer for? What result do you want to accomplish?
- What are the maximum volume and the maximum viscosity that you can use the stirrer for?
- Which stirring element is best suited to your application?
- What are the features and specs of the stirrers or mixers available?
- What level of accuracy does the digital speed indicator have?
- What type of motor is used in the stirrer or mixer?
- Can you determine the viscosity with the torque trend measurement?
- Have you purchased everything you need to start mixing? Sometimes stirrers and mixers are sold as kits, while sometimes all or some of the accessories must be purchased separately.
- Does the manufacturing company offer application and technical support over the phone?
- What warranty and delivery options are available? How quickly will the new purchase arrive?
What Types of Stirrers are in Your Lab?
|Magnetic Stirrers (Scale)||95%|
|Overhead Stirrers (Economic)||89%|
|Magnetic Stirrers (Digital)||87%|
|Overhead Stirrers (Analog)||87%|
|Overhead Stirrers (Digital)||87%|
|Magnetic Stirrers (Multi Position)||82%|
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing a Lab Stirrer or Mixer:
|Durability of product||92%|
|Low maintenance–easy to use and clean||85%|
|Simple operation–easy to program and monitor||81%|
|Energy efficient/low operating cost||49%|
Looking for a Stirrer or Mixer?
Lab Manager’s Stirrers & Mixers Product Finder utilizes a query-based system to quickly narrow the field of available stirrers and mixers to those that specifically meet the requirements demanded by your application.