6 Questions to Ask When Buying a Lab Vacuum Pump
- What will you be using the pump for? For example, filtration and aspiration needs modest vacuum. Match the pump to the use.
- Can you use a dry (oil-free) vacuum pump? Oil-free vacuum pumps can support most common lab applications.
- What is the pumping capacity at the intended vacuum level? Actual pumping speed declines from the nominal speed as depth of vacuum increases.
- Do you work with corrosive/aggressive media?
- Should you invest in vacuum control?
- What is the lifetime cost of operation? Include purchase cost, service intervals, servicing cost, pump protection (e.g., filters, cold traps), and staff time for operation.
Vacuum Pump Applications as Reported by Survey Respondents:
|Vacuum or Pressure Filtration||62%|
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing a Vacuum Pump
|Durability of product||93%|
|Value for price paid||81%|
|Ease of use||72%|
|Safety and health features||44%|
Looking for a New Vacuum Pump?