(June 1, 2017 - Peabody, Mass.) – JEOL USA, Inc. introduces its new premier Field Emission SEM, the JSM-7900F, a uniquely flexible platform that combines the ultimate in high resolution imaging with unparalleled nano scale microanalysis. This tool excels in lightning fast data acquisition through simple and automated operation. Applications include imaging and analysis of metals, magnetic materials, semiconductors, ceramics, medical devices, and biological specimens.
Advanced research and analysis requires ever more powerful capabilities in a flexible, easy-to-use instrument. This new SEM features new functions and software to make the power of the Field Emission SEM accessible to all levels of users, from the experienced researcher to novice operator.
At the heart of this cutting-edge microscope is the new electron optical system, NeoEngine, that significantly enhances alignment accuracy, optimizes probe diameter at all conditions, and simplifies observation for all levels of operators
A powerful new navigation system, Smile Navi, guides the operator through the data acquisition process. The novice can master basic SEM operation steps and an online training guide provides comprehensive support.
The new FE SEM delivers ultimate performance with innovative standard features that include:
- High sensitivity BE detector providing exceptional performance at low accelerating voltages
- Ultralow kV in-lens detectors
- GBSH-S (GENTLEBEAMTM Super High mode) enabling high resolution imaging at extremely low accelerating voltages (down to 10V)
- Super Hybrid Lens (SHL), a combination of electrostatic and electromagnetic lenses, to support ultra high resolution imaging and analysis of various samples ranging from magnetic materials to insulators.
- A new sample exchange system is designed to change samples in a safe, speedy, seamless manner through simple operation.
The JSM-7900F features an In-lens Schottky Plus field emission electron gun. Enhanced integration of the gun and low aberration condenser lens provides higher levels of brightness. Ample probe current is available at low accelerating voltage, supporting various applications from high resolution imaging to high speed elemental mapping.
Designed to accommodate multiple analytical tools, the JSM-7900F is a virtual nanolab for a wide range of application demands.