Woonsocket, RI: Hanna Instruments has released their iris Visible Spectrophotometer. Unlike the company’s line of photometers, iris measures all wavelengths of visible light, not just pre-specified wavelengths.
iris’ optical system includes a replaceable energy-efficient tungsten-halogen lamp, a beam splitter with reference detector, and a combined concave grating. No warm-up time is needed as the intensity of the light is measured and variations corrected, and zero warm up time results in a longer lamp life. These elements together make for a more compact and efficient spectrophotometer. The design of iris also solves the issue of stray light from the monochromator, a common problem in other spectrophotometers.
The built-in universal cuvette holder accommodates both 22 mm round cuvettes and 1x5 cm rectangular cuvettes. Adapters for the cuvettes also allow for the use of 13 mm and 16 mm round cuvettes, as well as 10 mm square cuvettes.
"The iris spectrophotometer is a natural extension of our photometer line. The split beam optical system allows iris to automatically compensate for any drift in light source, resulting in superior accuracy. The newly designed user interface makes it easy to use as well."
- Jeff Tompkins, titration sales manager, Hanna Instruments
- iris has memory for up to 9,999 measurements, which can be transferred to any computer as a CSV or PDF file via a flash drive or USB cable.
- The meter comes with a rechargeable lithium ion battery that lasts for approximately 3,000 measurements—well over a full day of use. Battery backup gives you peace of mind in case of power failure, and allows you to move iris from room to room without worrying about an outlet.
- iris is completely customizable with over 80 pre-programmed editable methods, the ability to use up to 10 calibration points, and storage space for 100 customized methods.
- iris’ focusing lens reduces errors in variations from inexpensive plastic and round cuvettes by eliminating errors from imperfections.
iris is available at hannainst.com or by calling the Hanna offices at 1-800-426-6287.
About Hanna Instruments: Hanna Instruments, Inc. is the world’s largest privately held manufacturer of electroanalytical instrumentation. Since 1978 Hanna has produced practical, cost-effective devices for laboratory, environmental, food, and industry applications. We offer a wide array of instrumentation from research grade benchtop meters and ISEs, to single and multiparameter portable meters for pH, conductivity, dissolved oxygen, turbidity, and more. Hanna has over 40 offices worldwide to ensure exceptional levels of service and support anywhere in the world.