Top 6 Questions You Should Ask When Buying a Lab Balance
- What is the heaviest sample you will weigh (including container weight) and what is the lightest sample?
- What is the required +/- tolerance of your lightest sample?
- How many decimal places in grams do you require for the displayed weight?
- What type of samples will you be weighing and do you need to take into consideration the size of the weighing surface or the securing of a tare container?
- Is on-site service available from a factory-trained service technician?
- Do you need to interface the balance to another device such as a computer, printer, bar code reader, etc.?
Types of balances used by survey respondents:
Balance related components used by survey respondents:
|Vibration Isolation Table||11%|
|Routine Test Weights||20%|
|None of the Above||8%|
Nearly 27% of respondents plan on purchasing a new laboratory balance in the next year. The reasons for these purchases are as follows:
|Replacement of an aging balance|
|Addition to existing systems, increase capacity|
|Setting up a new lab|
|First time purchase of a balance|
Top 10 features/factors respondents look for when purchasing a laboratory balance:
|Sealed control panel||38%|
Completed Surveys: 304
For more information on lab balances, including useful articles and a list of manufacturers, visit www.labmanager.com/balances