Top 6 Questions You Should Ask When Buying an CO2 Incubator
- What measures have been taken in the design to avoid contamination and what features are included to remove contamination?
- How does the CO2 sensor contribute to optimal cell growth?
- How does the humidity contribute to optimal cell growth?
- Ask for the uniformity and accuracy data versus asking for a water jacket or air jacket.
- Do you need O2 control to simulate the environment for your experiment accurately?
- Calculate the total cost of ownership on the product over one year including product price, install, regular cleaning labor, material like HEPA filters, etc.
Types of CO2 incubators used by survey respondents:
Primary purpose of CO2 incubators as reported by survey respondents:
|In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)||2%|
Nearly 57% of respondents are engaged in purchasing a new CO2 incubator. The reasons for these purchases are as follows:
|Replacement of an aging system||
|Addition to existing systems, increase capacity||
|Upgrading existing equipment||
|Setting up a new lab||
|First time purchase||
Top 10 features/factors respondents look for when purchasing CO2 Incubator:
|Performance of product||77%|
|Value for price paid||75%|
|Stable CO2 control||75%|
|Low maintenance / easy to clean||74%|
|Ease of use||68%|
|Fast recovery times||59%|
|Audible and visible temperature alarms||59%|
|Service and support||55%|
|Low operating costs||54%|
For more information on CO2 incubators, including useful articles and a list of manufacturers, visit www.labmanager.com/incubators