Top 6 Questions You Should Ask When Buying a Laboratory Balance
- What are the heaviest and lightest samples you will weigh (including container weight)?
- What is the required +/- tolerance of your lightest sample?
- How many decimal places in grams do you require for the displayed weight?
- What type of samples will you be weighing and do you need to take into consideration the size of the weighing surface or the securing of a tare container?
- Is on-site service available from a factory-trained service technician?
- Do you need to interface the balance to another device such as a computer, printer, bar code reader, etc.?
Types of laboratory balance used by survey respondents:
Other balance-related components used by survey respondents:
|Routine test weights||23%|
|Vibration isolation table||13%|
Nearly 57% of respondents are engaged in purchasing a new balance. The reasons for these purchases are as follows:
|Replacement of aging systems||
|Addition to existing systems, increase capacity||
|Setting up a new lab||
|First time purchase||
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look for When Purchasing a Lab Balance:
For more information on balances, including useful articles and a list of manufacturers, visit www.labmanager.com/balances