Original Broadcast Date: Tuesday July 17th, 2012
With over 150,000 active Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) users worldwide, the ELN is one of the fastest growing software investments in today’s laboratories. Organizations of all sizes and types using ELNs report improved productivity, IP protection and collaboration, demonstrating that ELNs are a beneficial investment for scientists, analysts or engineers using paper notebooks. The requirements and value of an ELN vary based on your role in the research-to-manufacturing continuum —from free-form ideation in research to rigid, highly automated, locked-down procedure execution in Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC).
This webinar features three case studies highlighting the role of the ELN in research, development and QA/QC labs.
Attendees will learn how:
- Research labs use flexible, easy-to-use and low-cost ELNs to replace inefficient paper notebooks
- Development labs use highly integrated ELNs with domain specific capabilities to support process efficiency and compliance
- QA/QC labs reduce compliance risk and accelerate review cycles through automated and integrated lab execution processes
Who should attend
Lab managers/directors, scientists, analysts and engineers interested in replacing their existing paper notebook and wishing to understand:
- Which type of ELN is best for their environment
- The benefits of using an ELN
- Key capabilities essential for their scientific area
- Cecilia Björkdahl, Ph.D.
Project Manager, Karolinska Institutet
Cecilia manages the research documentation project, which includes an ELN implementation to over 1,000 researchers.
- Robert Wade, D. Phil
Research Fellow, Pfizer Global R&D
Robert leads the deployment and customization of the Accelrys ELN, the Waters NuGenesis SDMS, and the data capture effort within the Pharmaceutical Sciences division.
- Mike Stroz
Global QC Systems Owner, AstraZeneca
Mike leads AstraZeneca’s global projects team to deploy LIMS, CDS and eLab across the operations sites.
Tune into our live webinar to hear Cecilia, Robert and Mike describe their ELN implementations, challenges and successes in research, development and QA/QC environments—followed by an open Question and Answer session.
Like this article? Click here to subscribe to free newsletters from Lab Manager