Did you know:
Research shows that meetings can consume up to 40 percent of working time for managers. To make matters worse, nearly half (40 percent) of meeting time is spent on information that could be delivered prior to the meeting. Managing staff, resources, and your lab’s assets is already a difficult task—making inefficient use of your valuable time compounds those challenges. Respond to these five statements, provided by the Strategic Meetings Assessment, to evaluate the meetings you attend:
- Relevant information is sent out prior to meetings to avoid one-way presentations during the meetings. (Yes or No)
- Meetings start at their scheduled time. (Yes or No)
- People are fully attentive and not engaged in multitasking (e.g., checking phones). (Yes or No)
- People leave meetings with a clear understanding of who is doing what by when. (Yes or No)
- I decline meeting invitations when the purpose and/ or agenda has not been communicated. (Yes or No)
A score of three or more “No’s” indicates an opportunity to dramatically improve the efficacy and productivity of your meetings..