The Benefits of LPA Membership
Exclusive member benefits promote commercial success for LPA members
The Laboratory Products Association (LPA) enables manufacturers, distributors, and suppliers of lab products and services to consistently improve their global and commercial success through networking, market information, professional education, and government affairs advocacy. The LPA has been supporting member companies for more than 100 years and is focused on growing the vital role played by the laboratory products industry.
The value of the LPA to its members is clearly communicated by Fran Hutson, head of global strategic distributor management from MilliporeSigma: "The value of LPA, found in the strength of its members, continues to provide insightful market reports, relevant scientific and market forums, along with leadership connections that are invaluable. Driving inclusion with diverse companies as members keeps engagement rich, and launching new programs like the recent Women's Forum is just another example of adding leadership strength to the organization."
Today's competitive global environment places added pressure on companies to gain access to the resources and tools they need to be successful. The LPA provides exclusive member benefits to enable success in the lab products industry, such as:
- Market data—surveys and other market reports provide strategic insight into the current business climate and trends impacting laboratory products
- Business networking—multiple networking events at LPA meetings and other conferences important to the lab products industry with senior-level executives
- Government and regulatory affairs advocacy—reports on ever-changing important legislature that affects members and provides a voice with representatives in Washington, DC to discuss industry issues
- Professional growth—leadership development opportunities working with peers in the association
- Scientific advisory boards—panel discussions with professionals from laboratories seeking their expertise to enhance the knowledge, understanding, and strategic thinking of labs for LPA members
- LPA Reporter—monthly newsletter that provides timely news on the industry, events, and other members
- Career center—online job postings make connections between members and outstanding talent. Positions are also shared with broader aggregate boards
- Flash Report—monthly sales survey information, anonymous and informative
- LPA Engagement app—access exclusive benefits from any device
- Industry calendar—quick and easy access to the industry-specific calendar
- LPA Women's Forum—increasing engagement with women in the industry
The benefits of membership in the LPA are important to Lisa Witte, research and safety division of Thermo Fisher Scientific: "The LPA provides its members with an ever-increasing and powerful range of benefits. The market reports are insightful, and the education programs are both up-to-date and useful to personnel at all levels in our member organizations."
A highlight of LPA membership is participation in the two meetings the association holds each year. The 2023 LPA Spring Meeting will be held May 1-3 in Arlington, VA and the LPA Annual Meeting will be held September 29-October 3 in Amelia Island, FL. These are great opportunities to network, learn from, and share with other experts in the lab products industry.
For more information on joining the LPA and gaining access to the exclusive member benefits, please contact Angie Errera, the LPA director of membership, marketing, and communications at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Go to www.lpanet.org/join to watch a membership video to see how members benefit from being part of the LPA.