Adam Equipment PGW Precision Balance
PGW precision balances give excellent precision for advanced applications at affordable prices. Features include robust metal housing, capacity tracker, leveling bubble to ensure accurate readings, security slot that is compatible with a Kensington-type lock and cable, color-coded keys and GLP-compliant printouts for better record keeping. Weigh-below hooks simplify density and specific gravity measurements.
• Offers 18 weighing units, including one custom unit
• Capacities range from 150g to 6000g and readabilities range from 0.001g to 0.01g
• Equipped with RS-232 bi-directional interfaces for easy communication with printers or computers
• PG range also includes the PGL precision balance and Highland portable precision balance
Mettler Toledo NewClassic MS105 Convertible Balance
Whether it is a simple, routine task or a complicated weighing procedure, NewClassic balances offer strong performance with reliable results and increased productivity due to their fast settling time. The NewClassic line of balances offers robust metal housing, ridge-free and chemical resistant housing with QuickLock for easy cleaning, and more.
• Converts easily from a laboratory balance with 0.01 mg readability into a stand-alone pipette check-station
• An evaporation trap is the only external device needed if the pipetting volume is smaller than 50 μg
• Trap keeps humidity levels stable during the check and thus minimizes evaporation for accurate testing
OHAUS Explorer® Lab Balance “Touchless” Sensors
The Explorer series of analytical and precision balances from OHAUS Corporation features four user programmable touchless sensors. Ideal for laboratory applications, the sensors free lab technicians’ hands and reduce wear and tear on the balance while preventing a loss of focus when delicate or critical samples are being weighed.
• Offer hands-free operation of tare, zero, print, calibration and other functions to minimize cross-contamination or unwanted residue on the balance
• Improve weighing speed and efficiency in the laboratory
• Sensors eliminate the extra effort or time to press the balance’s keys
• Balance also includes enhanced SmarText™ 2.0 easy-touse graphical software
RADWAG USA XA 82/220/2Y
RADWAG’s 2Y series offers new software applications and excellent operating comfort. The series also provides a high level of repeatability and speed of operation. All models in the 2Y series include a 5,7” touch panel and OS Windows CE. Users also have a choice of multiple working modes with this balance.
• Features intuitive operation and high operating comfort
• Includes user-defined settings and a range of functions and applications •
Autotest system allows automatic control of balance’s quality
• Also lets users transfer and exchange data between balances
• Designed and manufactured in Poland
Now is a good time to purchase an analytical balance if you’re in the market. Thanks to software algorithms that translate electrical signals to weight and improved user interfaces, analytical balances are now much faster in terms of measuring than they used to be. They are also much more accurate because of the efficiency of the algorithmic evaluation that turns data points into weight data and higher data acquisition speed. Weigh cells that are much more reliable and robust than those in past analytical balances require less maintenance and calibration and maintain performance longer. Balances are also improving in terms of built-in diagnostics, data acquisition, and ergonomics. Although some features are available through a computer connection, the majority of today’s balances interface with users through a front panel. The latest models are designed to lower the chances of users developing repetitive-strain injuries and make the placing and removal of samples much more comfortable. These days, most high-end balances also include connectivity features such as the ability to output data right into Microsoft Word or Excel on a desktop computer.
• Quality control
• Differential, interval, and formulation weighing
• Density measurement
• Pipette calibration
• Sample management
Like this article? Click here to subscribe to free newsletters from Lab Manager