Top 3 Things You May Not Know About Lab Balances
1. The single-pan analytical balance was invented in 1945 by Mettler Toledo company founder Erhard Mettler.
2. The first nanogram balance, invented by Sartorius in 1971, was used to weigh the moon rocks that astronaut Neil Armstrong brought back to Earth from his expedition.
3. The very first fully electronic precision balance was introduced by Mettler Toledo, then known as Mettler Instrumente AG, in 1973.
Top 6 Questions You Should Ask When Buying a Lab Balance
1. What is the heaviest sample you will weigh (including container weight) and what is the lightest sample?
2. What is the required +/- tolerance of your lightest sample?
3. How many decimal places in grams do you require for the displayed weight?
4. What type of samples will you be weighing and do you need to take into consideration the size of the weighing surface or the securing of a tare container?
5. Is on-site service available from a factory-trained service technician?
6. Do you need to interface the balance to another device such as a computer, printer, bar code reader, etc.?
Need more help in finding the right balance for you? Check out our Balances Product Finder.
Recently Released Balances
- Focuses on the most commonly used weighing applications and eliminates the need for costly additional functions
- Available in 15 models, covering a weighing capacity from 60 g to 8,200 g with a readability of 0.1 mg to 0.1 g
- Most models equipped with a monolithic weighing system featuring external adjustment or an internal, motorized adjustment function
- Includes an easy to read full-color VGA touchscreen with numerical and QWERTY keyboard
- Intuitive SmarText™ 2.0 software powers simple setup and use of the balance
- Provides 14 practical weighing applications and four userprogrammable touchless sensors for improved efficiency
- Features a versatile draftshield design with large weighing chamber with wide-opening doors which provide ample room to place large weigh boats or pipettes
- Includes 15 models that deliver a full breadth of precision readabilities ranging from 0.1mg to 0.1g
- Innovative design enables a compact footprint, so it occupies minimal space but retains a high level of performance
- Single-piece construction offers greater stability, enabling highly repeatable results
- Features 10 weighing units, including a customizable unit to handle a variety of everyday lab work
Intell-Lab LF Semi-Micro Balance
- Features “crossover” door systems to allow you to open the right side door by using the left hand slide, or vice-versa, and split and nested doors that don’t protrude outside the balance housing
- True auto-calibration will automatically calibrate even when users are away
- Includes Easy RES™ which allows users to change from three response times to suit their application
|Intelligent Weighing Technology||www.intelligentwt.com|
|Thermo Fisher Scientific||www.thermoscientific.com|