6 Questions to Ask When Buying a Biological Safety Cabinet
- Do the samples/specimens/cultures need to be protected from environmental particulates?
- Are chemicals involved in your application?
- What are your size limits? Make sure the new BSC will fit into the doorway of your lab!
- Does your work procedure require any special modifications to a standard model BSC?
- Do you plan to use instruments inside the BSC work area?
- What is the lifetime cost of each BSC? That includes filters, service, etc.
What Biological Safety Cabinet Is In Your Lab?
|Class I Biological Safety Cabinet||16%|
|Class II Biological Safety Cabinet||78%|
|Class III Biological Safety Cabinet||4%|
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing A BSC
|Durability of Product||94%|
|Performance of Product||94%|
|Safety and Health Features||94%|
|Low Maintenance/Easy to Clean||92%|
|Ease of Use||89%|
|Value for Price Paid||84%|
|Service and Support||82%|
|Low Operating Costs||81%|
Looking for a New Biological Safety Cabinet?
Lab Manager’s Biological Safety Cabinet Product Finder utilizes a query-based system to quickly narrow the field of available BSCs to those that specifically meet the requirements demanded by your application.
Like this article? Click here to subscribe to free newsletters from Lab Manager