8 Questions to Ask When Buying Electrophoresis Equipment and Gels
- Can you blot in the same tank as you run the gels?
- Can you run precast and handcast gels with the same electrophoresis equipment?
- How many gels, per experiment, can you run at once in a single electrophoresis cell?
- How fast can you visualize your proteins in the gel and how fast can you run a set of gels with optimal performance?
- Does a precast gel give you the same separation as a handcast gel?
- Do you need any special buffers or sample buffer to run your gel?
- How efficiently can you transfer your high molecular weight proteins from your gel to a membrane?
- How fast can you transfer proteins from your gel to a membrane?
Types of Electrophoresis Equipment Used by Survey Respondents
|Horizontal Electrophoresis System||76%|
|Vertical Electrophoresis System||70%|
|Electrophoretic Blotting System||49%|
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing Electrophoresis Equipment
|Ease of Use||84%|
|Durability of product||77%|
|Low operating costs||70%|
|Availability of supplies and accessories||65%|
|Fast time to results||61%|
|Low maintenance/easy to clean||61%|
|Many separation options with high precision, accuracy, and robustness||61%|
|Safety and health features||53%|
Like this article? Click here to subscribe to free newsletters from Lab Manager