6 Questions to Ask When Buying a Fume Hood
- What are the capital, installation, and operational costs?
- How hard is installation? Will there be a future need to move the hood after it has been installed the first time? What space limits are you working with?
- What is the hood constructed from, how is it constructed, and how does this affect equipment lifecycle? What sort of chemicals are you using?
- What safety controls are included in the base cost of the unit?
- Can your lab go ductless? Ductless hoods are a viable solution for most routine lab applications.
- Has the manufacturer/distributor gone through a thorough application review process? Does the suggested filtration make sense?
Which Fume Hood Is In Your Lab?
|Benchtop Ductless Fume Hood||13%|
|Canopy Ducted Fume Hood||10%|
|Conventional Ducted Fume Hood||36%|
|Portable Ductless Fume Hood||5%|
|Variable Air Volume Ducted Fume Hood||4%|
|Down Flow Workstation||6%|
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing a Fume Hood
|Performance of product||97%|
|Safety and health features||97%|
|Durability of product||95%|
|Ease of use/ergonomic operation||94%|
|Low maintenance/easy to clean||91%|
|Value for price paid||88%|
|Low operating costs||86%|
|Service and support||79%|
|Availability of supplies and accessories||77%|
Looking For a New Fume Hood?
Lab Manager’s Fume Hoods Product Finder utilizes a query-based system to quickly narrow the field of available fume hoods to those that specifically meet the requirements demanded by your application.
Like this article? Click here to subscribe to free newsletters from Lab Manager