11 Questions to Ask When Buying a GC System
- What do you require in terms of cycle time, enhanced operator benefits, increased productivity, and flexibility for specific applications?
- What differentiates the vendor’s GC system from others offered, in terms of performance?
- How do you validate the specification claims presented by the vendor?
- Has the data processing software been designed for enhanced analytics, with workflow in mind and does it support critical compliance requirements?
- What are important price points to keep in mind when selecting a GC system?
- What does the company offer in your location in terms of effective distribution of instruments, spare parts, education, and service personnel?
- Is the company able to assist in managing your lab’s assets?
- Is there a guarantee on the performance of the system? For how long is that guarantee valid?
- Does the system have the ability to continually check for leaks when hydrogen is used and is that sensor calibrated?
- Does the company have knowledge specific to your application?
- Is it easy to share methods with colleagues in different locations?
What GC Detector Is In Your Lab?
|Flame Ionization (FID)||32%|
|Thermal Conductivity (TCD)||14%|
|Electron Capture (ECD)||15%|
|Flame Photometric (FPD)||5%|
|Hall Electrolytic Conductivity||1%|
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing A GC System
|Quality of data||88%|
|Ruggedness and reliability||76%|
|Availability of supplies and accesories||68%|
|Precise and accurate flow rates||67%|
|Service and support||65%|
Like this article? Click here to subscribe to free newsletters from Lab Manager