6 Questions to Ask When Buying a pH Meter
- What makes the company different from other pH meter companies?
- What is the replacement cost for a pH electrode?
- What accessories are included with the meter and what is the complete cost of all the accessories you’ll need?
- What type of connector does the meter use? Is it a BNC or DIN? Is it proprietary or can other manufacturer’s probes be used with it?
- What additional types of features are offered?
- What type of after sales support is offered? Can repairs be done locally and what is the general turnaround time for a repair?
What Kind of pH Meter is in Your Lab?
|Benchtop - pH only||58%|
|Benchtop - multi parameter||49%|
|Portable - pH only||30%|
|Portable - multi parameter||5%|
|In-line - pH only||19%|
|In-line - multi parameter||2%|
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing a pH Meter
|Resolution and accuracy of the meter||87%|
|Ease of use||86%|
|Auto-calibration with temperature compensation||57%|
|Availability of supplies and accessories||56%|
|Heavy-duty and waterproof||48%|
|Longer-lived refillable electrode type||47%|
|Multi-level LCD display; display current measurement simultaneously with the current temperature||45%|
|Service and support||45%|
Looking for a New pH Meter?
Lab Manager’s pH Meter Product Finder utilizes a query-based system to quickly narrow the field of available pH meters to those that specifically meet the requirements demanded by your application.
Like this article? Click here to subscribe to free newsletters from Lab Manager