9 Questions to Ask When Purchasing a Shaker or Rocker
- What type of motion does the instrument make? (Rocking, waving, small orbits, large orbits, reciprocating etc.).
- Does the shaker or rocker have a timer and does the timer automatically shut the unit off when it counts down?
- Is the angle adjustable?
- What is the RPM accuracy?
- What is the RPM range and what increments can it be controlled in?
- What is the capacity of the unit (both for total weight and volume)?
- What accessories are available?
- What are the temperature and humidity operating conditions for the unit?
- What programming functions, if any, does the unit have?
How Does Your Lab Shake it Up?
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing a Laboratory Shaker
|Low maintenance/easy to clean||53%|
|Simple operation–easy to program and monitor||41%|
|Electronic speed controls||24%|
Looking for a New Shaker?
Lab Manager’s Shaker Product Finder utilizes a query-based system to quickly narrow the field of available shakers to those that specifically meet the requirements demanded by your application.
Like this article? Click here to subscribe to free newsletters from Lab Manager