10 Questions to Ask When Buying a Stirrer or Mixer
- What applications are you using the stirrer or mixer for? What result do you want to accomplish?
- What are the maximum volume and the maximum viscosity that you can use the stirrer for?
- Which stirring element is best suited to your application?
- What are the features and specs of the stirrers or mixers available?
- What level of accuracy does the digital speed indicator have?
- What type of motor is used in the stirrer or mixer?
- Can you determine the viscosity with the torque trend measurement?
- Have you purchased everything you need to start mixing? Sometimes stirrers and mixers are sold as kits, while sometimes all or some of the accessories must be purchased separately.
- Does the manufacturing company offer application and technical support over the phone?
- What warranty and delivery options are available? How quickly will the new purchase arrive?
What Types of Stirrers are in Your Lab?
|Magnetic Stirrers (Scale)||95%|
|Overhead Stirrers (Economic)||89%|
|Magnetic Stirrers (Digital)||87%|
|Overhead Stirrers (Analog)||87%|
|Overhead Stirrers (Digital)||87%|
|Magnetic Stirrers (Multi Position)||82%|
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing a Lab Stirrer or Mixer:
|Durability of product||92%|
|Low maintenance–easy to use and clean||85%|
|Simple operation–easy to program and monitor||81%|
|Energy efficient/low operating cost||49%|
Looking for a Stirrer or Mixer?
Lab Manager’s Stirrers & Mixers Product Finder utilizes a query-based system to quickly narrow the field of available stirrers and mixers to those that specifically meet the requirements demanded by your application.
Like this article? Click here to subscribe to free newsletters from Lab Manager