10 Questions to Ask When Buying a Bath or Chiller
- Does the product have any exclusive features? What sets it apart from other vendors’ chillers or baths?
- Is it important for your lab that the vendor have ISO 9001 certification?
- What is the warranty period? What does it cover?
- Who do I contact for post-sale support?
- Is service provided by the manufacturer or a third-party provider?
- Are service plans available? If so, is there an on-site option?
- Where are the products manufactured?
- Does the unit have the appropriate cooling or heating capacity for the application? Is there enough reserve capacity to account for environmental cooling or heating losses?
- Does the manufacturer offer the necessary accessories for the application? (Tubing, fluid, adapters, electronic interfaces, etc.)
- Does the manufacturer understand the application and provide a thorough explanation of calculations to recommend the proper instrument?
What's Your Operating Temperature?
|Less than -100°C||2%|
|-50°C to -100°C||2%|
|0°C to -50°C||14%|
|0°C to 50°C||50%|
|50°C to 100°C||30%|
|More than 100°C||2%|
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing A New Bath or Chiller
|Performance of Product||98%|
|Low Maintenance/Easy to Clean||95%|
|Greater Temperature Uniformity, Stability, and Control||93%|
|Value for Price Paid||92%|
|Low Operating Costs||85%|
|Total Cost of Ownership||80%|
|Ease of Use; Ergonomic Operation||79%|
|Digital Temperature Control||78%|
|Size of Water Bath||76%|
Looking for a New Bath or Chiller?
Lab Manager’s Bath & Chiller Product Finder utilizes a query-based system to quickly narrow the field of available bath and chillers to those that specifically meet the requirements demanded by your application.