10 Questions to Ask When Buying a Centrifuge
- What is the maximum g-force the centrifuge can generate? What g-force do you need?
- Comparing centrifuges with the same speed and capacity, what additional features and benefits does this specific centrifuge offer?
- What are the terms of the warranty and how long does it last?
- If the company discontinues the product, for how many years is it possible to obtain accessories and replacement parts?
- What about the cost of cleaning and maintenance? Cost of replacement parts and/or supplies?
- In addition to the purchase price, what are the overall costs of ownership such as any lab installation implications, service contracts, supplies, training, warranty etc.?
- How much space will the centrifuge take up? What are the ergonomic features to look for?
- If facilities are to be shared, find out about the potential to work remotely via an app or remote networking software.
- Biosafety is increasingly important—what are the environmental benefits or features?
- Ask about the capacity and throughput to be able to compare the performance capabilities of different products.
Which Centrifuge is in Your Lab?
|Benchtop Refrigerated Centrifuge||19%|
|Floor Refrigerated Centrifuge||12%|
|Benchtop Clinical Centrifuge||8%|
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing A Centrifuge
|Ease of Use||96%|
|Low Maintenance/Operating Costs||93%|
|Service and Support||74%|
|Type of Centrifuge Rotor||68%|
|Ease of Installation||66%|
Looking for a New Centrifuge?
Lab Manager’s Centrifuge Product Finder utilizes a query-based system to quickly narrow the field of available centrifuges to those that specifically meet the requirements demanded by your application.