6 Questions to Ask When Buying a Fume Hood
- What are the capital, installation, and operational costs?
- How hard is installation? Will there be a future need to move the hood after it has been installed the first time? What space limits are you working with?
- What is the hood constructed from, how is it constructed, and how does this affect equipment lifecycle? What sort of chemicals are you using?
- What safety controls are included in the base cost of the unit?
- Can your lab go ductless? Ductless hoods are a viable solution for most routine lab applications.
- Has the manufacturer/distributor gone through a thorough application review process? Does the suggested filtration make sense?
Which Fume Hood Is In Your Lab?
|Benchtop Ductless Fume Hood||13%|
|Canopy Ducted Fume Hood||10%|
|Conventional Ducted Fume Hood||36%|
|Portable Ductless Fume Hood||5%|
|Variable Air Volume Ducted Fume Hood||4%|
|Down Flow Workstation||6%|
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing a Fume Hood
|Performance of product||97%|
|Safety and health features||97%|
|Durability of product||95%|
|Ease of use/ergonomic operation||94%|
|Low maintenance/easy to clean||91%|
|Value for price paid||88%|
|Low operating costs||86%|
|Service and support||79%|
|Availability of supplies and accessories||77%|
Looking For a New Fume Hood?
Lab Manager’s Fume Hoods Product Finder utilizes a query-based system to quickly narrow the field of available fume hoods to those that specifically meet the requirements demanded by your application.