7 Questions to Ask When Buying a Spectrophotometer
- What sample(s) are you measuring? This will help you determine the detection range (UV, Visible, NIR) and type of instrument you require, and how the sample will be collected.
- How does your sample interact with light? Are you looking at the sample’s absorbance properties? Its emissive characteristics? How it reflects or scatters?
- What sample characteristics are being measured?
- Why is the sample being measured?
- How easily can you adjust your spectrophotometer setup?
- How are customers supported before and after the sale?
- What is your budget and what kind of ROI can you get on a new system purchase?
What Type of UV-VIS Spectrophotometer Do You Use?
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing a UV-VIS Spectrophotometer
|Better sensitivity and resolution||65%|
|Ease of maintenance/low operating costs||64%|
|Service/support in general||42%|
|Faster acquisition and analysis of data||39%|