10 Questions to Ask When Buying a Water Purification System
- What is the purified water used for in the lab?
- What applications will it support? Do you need to follow any regulatory standard or norm with regard to water quality?
- What is your current source of purified water? Is it made from tap water or another source?
- How much water do you use per day? How is this demand distributed throughout the day? Are there “peak usage” volumes and times?
- How many scientists and technicians will be using this system?
- What is the budget for the system? How about the annual or long-term operating costs?
- Where does the system need to be located? Is it appropriate or suitable to separate the dispenser from the production unit?
- What kind of warranty is provided?
- What system measures can be calibrated? Resistivity? Temperature? TOC? Flow rate?
- Can the system be user-serviced, or is a service contract required? Is validation required?
What ASTM Standard Water Purity Do You Use?
|ASTM Type I||59%|
|ASTM Type II||30%|
|ASTM Type III||8%|
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing a Water Purification System
|Performance of product||87%|
|Durability of product||81%|
|Ease of use||79%|
|Value for price paid||74%|
|Low maintenance/easy to clean||69%|
|Service and support||68%|
|Low operating costs||66%|
|Total cost of ownership||65%|
|Availability of supplies and accessories||56%|
Looking for a New Water Purification System?
Lab Manager’s Water Purification System Product Finder utilizes a query-based system to quickly narrow the field of available water purification systems to those that specifically meet the requirements demanded by your application.