6 Questions to Ask When Buying an Automated Liquid Handling System
- What is the system’s volume range, and how many different sample vessel types can be used?
- If you are interested in a manual system, can automation be added to it down the road?
- What kinds of dispensing technology does the system use?
- Can the liquid handler accommodate plastic bead-based or magnetic assays?
- What is the flow rate spectrum?
- Is the system’s software easy to use? Does it allow for both custom and pre-programmed protocols?
What Kind of Automated Liquid Handling System Is In Your Lab?
|Individual Benchtop Workstations||54%|
|Self-Contained Multi-instrument Workstations||28%|
Top 10 Features/Factors Respondents Look For When Purchasing An Automated Liquid Handler
|Accuracy and precision for a wide range of compatible fluids||81%|
|Safe sample handling--No cross-contamination||80%|
|Maintenance/service/availability of accessories and replacement parts||62%|
|Pipetting flexibility--pipette with 384, 96, 24, 16, 12, or 8 tips||41%|
|Maximum operator safety||37%|
|Ability to expand on instrument as requirements change||29%|
Looking for a New Liquid Handler?
Lab Manager’s Automated Liquid Handling Product Finder utilizes a query-based system to quickly narrow the field of available automated liquid handlers to those that specifically meet the requirements demanded by your application