2012 Titrators Buyers Guide
Titrators are specialized instruments that perform titrations with minimal operator intervention and can thus minimize errors, improve throughput, and facilitate documentation.
Titrators are specialized instruments that perform titrations with minimal operator intervention and can thus minimize errors, improve throughput, and facilitate documentation. There are two major titrator types: potentiometric acid-based designs and Karl Fischer titrators.
Top 6 Questions You Should Ask When Buying a Titrator
1. How precise is the titrant delivery system?
a. Is the titrant delivery system certified for accuracy?
2. Can additional titrants be used without having to purge burettes?
3. What information is included in the titrator’s display and reports?
4. Is the titrator limited to proprietary electrodes?
a. What is the replacement cost for electrodes?
5. Is the software field upgradeable?
6. What is the service and repair policy?
a. Is on-site support offered?
b. If something goes wrong with the meter, can it be fixed locally?
c. What is the general turnaround time for repair?
The types of titrators our readers use in their labs, based on our most recent survey:
|Karl Fischer Coulometric||22%|
|Karl Fischer Volumetric||27%|
The main hardware-related errors our readers experience with their titrators include:
|Measurement of the titrant aliquot||11%|
|Operator fatigue and computation error||15%|
|Anomalies in composition of the standard solution||10%|
|Accuracy of the delivery system||20%|
|Systemic and non-systemic errors||24%|
The top 10 factors and features our readers look for when buying a titrator:
Recently Released Titrators
• Available for both Karl Fischer and potentiometric titrations
• Allows up to 14 shortcuts to be defined for instant access to methods or routine operations
• Features a small footprint, chemical resistant housing, rugged touchscreen, and full network integration without a PC
• Provides titration and ion analysis as well as conductivity, turbidity, and color analysis
• Also capable of spectrophotometric analysis (Color AssayPlus™)
• Includes four galvanically isolated measuring electrode inputs
• Features four individual 48,000 step buret drives
• Boasts extensive sample handling and preparation capabilities
AQV - 2200S
• Rugged, reliable, long lasting and eco-friendly
• Small volume titration cells require only 20mL of titration solvent for accurate measurements
• Easy to replace fresh solvent for the next series of measurements
• Suits a very wide range—from 100 ppm to 100% water content with its maximum capability for automation and upgrades
• Provides quick & accurate moisture analysis
• Features an extremely small laboratory footprint
• Includes cabled keypad and display that can be placed on the bench, on unit or mounted on the wall
• Photovolt also sells a wide variety of high- quality reagents that ship the same day, with overnight service available