CARLSBAD, Calif. (Nov. 27, 2017)
Overview: Invitrogen TrueCut Cas9 Protein v2 is a next generation CRISPR-Cas9 protein designed to deliver maximum editing efficiency in a broad range of cells, including standard, immune, primary, and stem cells. The latest version of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Cas9 protein provides a robust, reliable, and efficient way of knocking out a gene’s expression, introducing changes, or making precise edits. The transfection-ready Cas9 protein is designed to deliver consistently high editing efficiency, even in difficult targets or in cells that are difficult to transfect.
Key Applications: The study of gene function or disease in pharmaceutical and biotechnology labs, academic labs, transgenic core labs, and genome engineering labs.
- Consistently high editing efficiency: All tested cell lines, including standard, immune, primary, and stem—demonstrated up to two times higher editing efficiency in difficult targets than the competition.
- Superior quality: The protein is manufactured in accordance with GMPs in an ISO 13485-certified facility.
- Transfection-ready: The Cas9 protein is transfection-ready using either lipid-mediated transfection reagents or electroporation.
- Standard and custom options: For standard editing scenarios, Thermo Fisher provides a 1 μg/μL concentration. The 5 μg/μL formula is ideal for optimization of editing conditions in more difficult scenarios.
- Enhanced ease-of-use: Thermo Fisher provides validated protocols for a large number of cell types to help researchers achieve success faster.
- Superior customer support: Thermo Fisher’s local technical specialists, technical support center, and dedicated genome editing R&D team provide hands-on customer support and solutions to address genome editing questions and challenges.
Web Site: thermofisher.com/crisprprotein
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market, and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands—Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, and Unity Lab Services—we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience, and comprehensive services. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Like this article? Click here to subscribe to free newsletters from Lab Manager