Experience SLAS2013 (Again or for the First Time)
SLAS expresses our sincere thanks to all of the members of our valued community – including our program committee, presenters, exhibitors and sponsors, and attendees – that made SLAS2013 such a success.
SLAS expresses our sincere thanks to all of the members of our valued community – including our program committee, presenters, exhibitors and sponsors, and attendees – that made SLAS2013 such a success. Taking place January 12-16 from the Gaylord Palms in Orlando, Florida, SLAS2013 welcomed nearly 4,000 participants and featured 130 podium sessions, an expansive exposition with 305 exhibitors, 20 short courses, a dynamic poster gallery with almost 400 submissions, and 66 new product launches. Less easy to quantify but just as important, the conference facilitated untold hours of intelligent networking and countless connections among members of our community.
We are pleased to offer the following resources to allow you to relive SLAS2013 - or experience the event for the first time:
- The SLAS2013 wrap-up video, a two-and-a-half minute recap of sights and sounds from Orlando
- The SLAS2013 post-conference press release including highlights and a listing of award winners named at the conference
- The SLAS2013 online photo gallery, almost 300 stills that capture the conference in pictures
- The SLAS2013 poster gallery
- Full-length, free-of-charge, on-demand versions of the following keynote and plenary sessions:
- Bioengineering and Clinical Applications of the Circulating Tumor Cell Microchip by Mehmet Toner, Ph.D.
- Science and Society in the 21st Century by Sir Harold Kroto, Ph.D.
- The Pursuit of Hope and Dignity: Why Every Link in the Medical Chain Matters by Charles Sabine
- HTS and Early Drug Discovery in Industry and Academia. Collaboration: Is the Sum Greater Than The Two Parts? Panel discussion with Jonathan O'Connell, BMS, Ricardo Macarron, GSK, Peter Hodder, Scripps, Martyn Banks, BMS, and Barbara Slusher, Johns Hopkins.
Please mark your calendars for SLAS2014, taking place next January 18-22 in San Diego, California. Already-confirmed keynote presenters include Dr. Eric J. Topol of the Scripps Research Institute, and Jad Abumrad and Robert Krulwich, co-hosts of Radiolab. Please watch SLAS2014.org for the latest information.