WASHINGTON, DC — Jan 19, 2015 — Dark, milk, semi-sweet or white, chocolate is a favorite treat for many—many humans that is. As much as we like it, chocolate can be lethal to our canine friends. Why can we humans eat chocolate without any negative effects (besides cavities), but dogs can't? The answer has to do with a specific component of cocoa, and of course, chemistry. This week, Reactions explains the chemistry behind chocolate poisoning in dogs (and cats). Check it out here: https://youtu.be/X86co4E1NvE.