Your online privacy is important to us at Lab Manager Magazine® ("Lab Manager" or "we"). Lab Manager Magazine® is dedicated to delivering high-quality editorial and advertising content that meets your specific needs.
- our legitimate business interests in collecting and using information, and
- your reasonable expectations of privacy for the personal information you provide to us while visiting any of our web sites.
Please review the following policy in its entirety. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns about its contents. We will not disclose your information to anyone outside of LabX, except as described in the following sections.
- information obtained when you and other users ("you" or "Users") visit the Lab Manager Magazine® web site (the "Site").
- information obtained through e-mail communications with you related to the Site.
Lab Manager Magazine® may require you to provide us with certain information about yourself when you request certain products and services. We also collect information from you when you participate in contests and surveys, when you respond to requests for feedback, and when you submit postings to public areas of this Site.
The information we collect may include information from which you may be personally identified ("Personally Identifiable Information"), such as your name, postal address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address. It also may include certain business information, such as employer name, occupation, job function, job title, and buying information.
This Site only collects Personally Identifiable Information with your knowledge.
Automatic Data Collection
When you visit this Site, Lab Manager Magazine® may collect the IP address of your computer.We also automatically record other information that identifies your computer to this Site and tracks your behavior on the Site. For example, we may record how many times you visit this Site and your navigation within the Site. We do not collect Personally Identifiable Information in this manner; however, if you provide us with Personally Identifiable Information, we may associate that information with the information that is collected automatically.
Some of the materials included on this Site, including advertising, may be served by third parties. These third parties, in the course of serving such materials, may collect information regarding your use of this Site and how you respond to e-mail communications, using methods that may include those described in the preceding paragraph. Collection, use, disclosure and security of information collected by third parties are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties.
How We Use Your Information
Lab Manager Magazine® uses Personally Identifiable Information that we collect on this Site for the following purposes:
- to provide you with this Site and other products and services (such as electronic and print publications and newsletters)
- to respond to your inquiries and contact you about changes regarding the Site.
- to provide you with e-mail, fax and other notices (such as expiration and renewal notices) and inquiries regarding your account and the products or services that you are receiving, and for billing and collection purposes.
- for any other purpose disclosed at the time the information is collected or to which you consent.
Lab Manager Magazine® also may use your information to better understand the needs of our Users and to improve our Site. (For example, to help determine which sections of the Site are most popular and the general demographics of our Users.) Cookies and other User information also enable us to customize your Site experience.
We may use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our servers or to administer our Site. We may also use IP addresses to help identify a User during a particular session and to gather data regarding use of the Site.
Newsletters and Offers
Lab Manager Magazine® may use the information you provide us to send you e-mail, fax, and other communications. These communications may include e-mail newsletters that are relevant to this Site, as well as offers for other LabX products and services. These communications will include instructions explaining how you can "opt out" of future communications of the same type.
We also may use your information to send you e-mail and other communications on behalf of unaffiliated third parties. When you provide information to this Site, you will be given an opportunity to "opt out" of our sending you offers on behalf of third parties. In addition, each of these communications will include instructions for opting out of receiving future third party offers from us. You may also opt out of receiving third party offers from this Web Site at any time on the registration page of this Site or by sending an e-mail.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We will not disclose your information to anyone outside of LabX, except as described in this section.
We may disclose aggregated anonymous statistics about many Users to advertisers, content and service providers, and other affiliated and unaffiliated companies.
We sometimes engage third parties to perform services for us, including in connection with this Site, that require us to disclose Users' Personally Identifiable Information to them. If we make any such disclosure, we will require such parties to keep the information confidential and to use it only to perform the services.
We also may disclose your information to third parties that wish to market products or services that may be of interest to you. We will require these parties to keep any Personally Identifiable Information provided by us confidential and use it only to market and provide their products or services or with your approval. When you register with and provide information to this Site, you will be given an opportunity to "opt out" of our disclosing your Personally Identifiable Information as described in this paragraph. You may also opt out of such disclosures at any time on the registration page of this Site or by sending an e-mail.
The only other times we may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information collected on this Site are as follows:
- In the event of an asset sale, merger, consolidation, restructuring, reorganization, liquidation or other similar transaction involving Lab Manager Magazine® or this Site, we may transfer some or all User information, including Personally Identifiable Information, to the successor company.
- We will disclose your Personally Identifiable Information when we believe such disclosure is required by law or for the protection of persons or property.
- We may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information with your consent, as well as when disclosure is necessary to accomplish the purpose for which you provide it. For example, when you request information from advertisers in the 'Reader Services' section of our publications, we will disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to the advertisers you specify.
Lab Manager Magazine® uses reasonable security safeguards to protect the Personally Identifiable information we collect on this Site from unauthorized access, use, modification, or disclosure. However, due to the design of the Internet and other factors outside of our control, Lab Manager Magazine® cannot guarantee that communications between you and our servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
Typically, an "opt out" request will be specific to a particular service or product. For example, if you opt out of receiving third party offers from this Site, you may continue to receive third party offers from other LabX web sites or from publications not associated with this Site. Similarly, opting out of our disclosing Personally Identifiable Information collected on this Site will not apply to information collected on other LabX web sites. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate "opt out" requests that apply to multiple web sites, products, or services, but we will try to do so to a reasonable extent. If you wish to opt out of the use or disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information collected by more than one LabX web site, the best way to do this is to provide a separate "opt out" request for each web site, product, or service.
Any "opt out" request will only be effective after a reasonable period of time for processing.
Lab Manager Magazine® may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the e-mail account you provided when subscribing and/or by placing a notice within the magazine itself.